Electroproduction of the Δ(1232) and S11(1535) Resonances at High Momentum Transfer
The evolution of baryon resonance transition amplitudes with increasing Q 2, in order to learn more about the transition from the low Q 2 domain of the quark model to the the high Q 2 domain, where hard QCD processes play an important role, is discussed. In particular, the results of an experiment performed at Jefferson Lab. which studies the Δ(1232) and S11 (1535) resonances in the π° and η dacay channels respectively, up to Q 2 ~ 4GeV 2 /c2, and future plans to extend these measurements to higher Q 2 are presented.
KeywordsDifferential Cross Section Transition Form Factor Constituent Quark Model High Momentum Transfer Exclusive Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A.V. Radyushkin: Nucl. Phys. A527, 53 (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.R. Haidan: PhD Thesis, DESY report F21–79/03 (1979)Google Scholar
- 9.R. Davidson and N. Mukhopadhyay: private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 10.C.S. Armstrong: PhD thesis, College of William and Mary; C.S. Armstrong et al.: to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 11.V.V. Frolov: PhD thesis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; V.V. Frolov et al.: to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 13.C. Keppel: “Workshop on CEBAF at Higher Energies, CEBAF pp. 237 (1994)Google Scholar
- 19.T. Sato and T.-S. H. Lee, Phys. Rev. C54, 2606 (1996)Google Scholar