Study of Delta and Roper resonances excitation in light nuclei induced reactions
The excitation mechanisms and properties of broad hadronic resonances in nuclei, which are intimately related with nuclear medium response on high energy excitations, have attracted much attention during last decade.
Recently, a new step in these investigations was taken: inelastic p(d, d 1) scattering of polarized deuterons at momentum of 3.73 GeV/c was studied in an exclusive-type experiment at Saclay (exp. 278C), using the SPES-4π spectrometer. First (preliminary) results of this experiment are reported in this talk as well as data of inclusive-type experiments performed in Dubna. Data on the tensor analyzing power T 20 of genuine elastic p(d,p)d backward (c.m.) scattering are also reported.
KeywordsLight Nucleus Beam Polarization High Energy Excitation Recoil Proton Nucleon Resonance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Nemoto et al.: talk at this ConferenceGoogle Scholar
- 2.A.P. Kobushkin: talk at this ConferenceGoogle Scholar
- 3.E.A. Strokovsky, F.A. Gareev: YaF 58, 1404 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.L.S. Azhgirey et al.: JINR Rapid Comm. 2, 17 (1998) (final data tables are presented); see also Phys. Lett. B361, 21 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.V.G. Ableev et al.: YaF 37, 348 (1983)Google Scholar
- 6.L.S. Azhgirey et al.: YaF 48, 1758 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Exp. 278 Proposal (unpubl.)Google Scholar
- 7.A.N. Prokofiev et al.: talk at this ConferenceGoogle Scholar
- 9.J. Arvieux et al.: Nucl. Phys. A431, 1613 (1984)Google Scholar