The deuteron isobaric component and the neutron charge form factor
The contributions to the deuteron charge form factors due to exchange currents involving the ΔΔ component with π and ρ exchange are studied. They originate from the usual pair current, but at the quark level. They are found to provide a substantially large contribution to the deuteron charge form factor. In this case, it comes just second in order of importance after that of the pion pair current. Taking into account this new contribution implies a modification of the neutron charge form factor, G n E that has been derived from the measurement of the structure function, A(q 2). The previous fit of this form factor is improved, what could be further checked in a near future, using accurate determination of A(q 2) soon available at higher values of q 2.
KeywordsForm Factor Meson Exchange Magnetic Form Factor Deuteron Wave Function Charge Form Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. Amghar: Thèse de Doctorat de l’UJF, Grenoble I, (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.N. Aissat: Thèse de magistère de l’USTHB, Alger (1997)Google Scholar
- 11.J.Gomez: contributed paper presented at this conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 12.E.J. Beise: plenary talk given at this conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 13.J. Jourdan: review paper presented at INPC98, Paris, 24–28 August (1998)Google Scholar