Covariant formulation of pion-nucleon scattering
A covariant model of elastic pion-nucleon scattering based on the Bethe-Salpeter equation is presented. The kernel consists of s- and u-channel N and Δ(1232) exchanges, along with ρ and σ exchange in the t-channel. A good fit is obtained to the s- and p-wave phase shifts up to the two-pion production threshold.
KeywordsForm Factor Partial Wave Nucleon Propagator Monopole Form Factor Phenomenological Form Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.C. Pearce and B.K. Jennings: Nucl. Phys.A528 655 (1991)Google Scholar
- F. Gross and Y. Surya: Phys. Rev. C47, 703 (1993)Google Scholar
- C. Schütz et al.: Phys. Rev.C49 2671 (1994)Google Scholar
- C.T. Hung, S.N. Yang, T.-S.H. Lee: J. Phys.G20 1531 (1994)Google Scholar
- V. Pascalutsa and J.A. Tjon: Nucl. Phys.A631534c (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.E.E. Salpeter and H.A. Bethe: Phys. Rev.841232 (1951)Google Scholar
- 5.V. Pascalutsa: hep-ph/9802288Google Scholar
- 6.B.C. Pearce and I.R. Afnan: Phys. Rev. C34, 991 (1986)Google Scholar
- 8.A.D. Lahiff and I.R. Afnan: in preparationGoogle Scholar