Content-based Video Retrieval by Example Clip on WWW
The similarity measure of two video clips is a key issue in video retrieval. In the development of our www-oriented video retrieval system, we propose a new model of video similarity. Comparing to existing algorithms, it proposes many influencing factors, such as order factor, speed factor, disturbance factor, etc, on the basis of human’s subjectivity in visual judgement. Thus this algorithm embodies the degree of similarity completely and systematically. On the other hand, it has resolution adaptation because it can be applied to every level of video structure. In the retrieval system, it is used to process video query by example clip on the World Wide Web. This paper introduces this algorithm in detail and presents experiment results at the end of the paper.
KeywordsVideo Clip Order Factor Video Retrieval Database Video Visual Judgement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. J. Zhang, J.H. Wu, D. Zhong and S. W. Smoliar. An Integrated System for Content Based Video Retrieval And Browsing. Pattern Recognition, Vol. 30, No. 4, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Tamura, S. Mori, T. Yamawaki, “Texture features corresponding to visual perception,” IEEE Trans. on Sys, Man, and Cyb, vol.SMC-8, no. 6, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Nevenka Dimitrova and Mohamed Abdel-Mottaled, content-based Video retrieval by example video clip. In:SPIE 3022,1998.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Santini, R. Jain. Similarity Matching. submited to: IEEE transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.http://www.vision.ucsd.edu/pub/simone/vision/SimPaper.ps.Z
- 6.Young-II Choi,Yoo-Mi Park,Hun-Soon Lee,Seong-II Jin, “An Integrated Data Model and A Query Language for Content-Based Retrieval of Video”, In: Proceedings of 4th International Workshop, MIS’98, Istanbul, Turkey, p. 192–198, Sept. 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.Yong Rui, Thomas S. Huang, Shih-Fu Chang, Image Retrieval: Current Techniques, Promising Directions and Open Issues, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 10, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Yueting Zhuang, Yong Rui, Thomas S.Huang. Adaptive Key Frame Extraction Using Unsupervised Clustering, In: proceeding of IEEE ICIP’98, Oct. 1998, Chicago, USA.Google Scholar
- 9.Yueting Zhuang, Yong Rui, Thomas S. Huang, Applying Semantic Association to Support Content-based Video Retrieval, In: proceeding of Int.Workshop on Very Low Bitrate Video Coding,Oct.1998, USA.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhuang Yueting, Wu yi, Pan Yunhe. Video Catalog--A New Approach To Video Organization, accepted by Pattern Recognition and Artifical Intelligence. 1999.Google Scholar