A Volume Modeling Component of CAD
This paper presents a framework we have developed for modeling and manipulation of volumetric data sets. It is a set of new functions integrated into a CAD system. We shall address freeform modeling through voxelization of NURBS, voxel-based sculpting and the interface to CAD and Rapid Prototyping systems.
KeywordsControl Point Volume Rendering NURBS Curve NURBS Surface Voxelized Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arie Kaufman, Volume Visualization, IEEE Computer Society Press Tutorial, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.Arie E. Kaufman, State-of-the-Art in Volume Graphics, Chapter I in Volume Graphics (pp3–29), Springer-Verlag London Limited, 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Gregory M. Nielson, Volume Modeling, Chapter 2 in Volume Graphics (pp2951), Springer-Verlag London Limited, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Christoph M. Hoffmann. Geometric and Solid Modeling: An Introduction, Morgan Kaufmann Publisher, Inc. 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.Gerald Farin, NURBS for curve and surface design, Philadelphia: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, c1991.Google Scholar
- 7.Arie E. Kaufman, Efficient Algorithms for Scan-Conversion of Parametric Curves, Surfaces, and Volumes”, Computer Graphics, vol. 21, July 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.Wu Zhongke, Seah Hock Soon & Lin Feng, NURBS Volume for Modeling Complex Objects, Chapter 9 in Volume Graphics (pp 159–171), Springer-Verlag London Limited, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.Tinsley A. Galyean & John F.Hughes, Sculpting: An interactive Volumetric Modeling Technique, Computer Graphics, Vol. 25, July 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.Lin Feng and Seah Hock Soon, An Effective 3D Seed Fill Algorithm, Computers & Graphics, Vol. 22, No. 5, 1998Google Scholar
- 11.I I Yang Yuting, Lin Feng and Seah Hock Soon, Fast M ulti-resolution Volume Rendering, Chapter 11 in Volume Graphics (pp185–199), Springer-Verlag London Limited, 2000.Google Scholar
- 12.Ma Di, Lin Feng and Chua Chee Kai, RP Applications in Medicine: STL Generation Through Volume Modeling and Isosurface Extraction, accepted for publication in the International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2001Google Scholar