The OOPS Program at Bates
We report on recent high-precision, exclusive measurements of γ*N → Δ and of virtual Compton scattering from the proton (VCS). These studies are part of the unique program pursued by the OOPS collaboration at the MIT-Bates laboratory. For the first time we made use of high-duty factor, high-energy, extracted electron beams. The full OOPS set-up was commissioned and new data collected in the H(e, e′p)π0, H(e, e′π + )n and H(e, e′p)γ reactions.
KeywordsVirtual Compton Scatter Miss Mass Spectrum Coincidence Time Window Exclusive Measurement Proton Emission Angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.J.A. Shaw and R. Miskimen (spokespersons): Bates proposal 97–103 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.P. Bourgeois: Ph.D. thesis in preparation, UMASS AmherstGoogle Scholar
- 9.A.M. Bernstein: In: Proceedings of the VII Workshop on Electron-Nucleus Scattering, June 23–28, 2002, Elba, Italy, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 11.C. Alexandrou et al.: hep-lat/0209074Google Scholar
- 13.C. Kunz: Ph.D.thesis, MIT (2000) (to be submitted for publication)Google Scholar
- 16.T. Botto (spokesperson): Bates proposal 01–02 (2001), publication to be submittedGoogle Scholar