Applied TCAD in Mega-Bits Memory Design
This paper describes a methodology of TCAD application in VLSI design and development. Simulation-based circuit model parameter generation for chip design purpose is one of the key topics in TCAD. Several critical phenomena, such as CMOS latchup etc., were also analyzed to verify feasibility and performance of the memory process. Two months of TCAD analysis were required, in which twelve sets of MOS model parameters were generated by VISTA with the computational cost of six hours on six CPUs of SGI-IRIS machines.
KeywordsCritical Phenomenon Drain Current Versus Data Parameter Extraction Soft Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Sato et al., VPAD’93 Tech. Digest, pp.86–87, May 1993Google Scholar
- K. Kubota et al., ICMTS’91 Tech. Digest, March 1991Google Scholar
- K. Tsuneno et al., VPAD’93 Tech. Digest, pp.152–153, May 1993Google Scholar
- H. Masuda et al., IEDM Tech. Digest, pp.496–499, 1985Google Scholar
- N. Saito et al., IEDM Tech. Digest, pp.695–698, 1989Google Scholar
- S. Halama et al., Technology CAD Systems Workshop, Vienna, Sept. 1993Google Scholar
- H. Masuda et al., IEEE Trans. CAD, 10, pp.161–170, 1991Google Scholar