Mixed-Mode Multi-Dimensional Device and Circuit Simulation
A mixed-mode device and circuit modeling environment has been developed that allows the combined simulation 1D, 2D and 3D devices together with SPICE-like circuit elements. The work is based on the device simulator Simul  as well as the circuit simulator CAzM . By extending Simul to handle simultaneously more than one device as well as giving it access to the circuit simulator’s functionalities it has been possible to combine both simulators’ features into a single program (1D, 2D, 3D devices, extensive physical models for power devices, thermal-electric effects and all basic SPICE models).
KeywordsGate Voltage Domain Decomposition Anode Voltage Linear Solver Circuit Simulator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- IIS, Simul Manual. Integrated Systems Laboratory, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 1.0 (alpha) ed., 1992.Google Scholar
- Institut für Theoretische Elektrotechnik, Technical University Aachen, Germany, MEDUSA User’s Guide. Google Scholar
- B. Freydin, E. Velmre, and A. Udal, “Giga - power semiconductor devices simulation software,” The Exterminator, Silvaco International, 1990.Google Scholar
- J. Bürgler and W. Fichtner, GENSIM User’s Guide. Integrated Systems Laboratory, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.Google Scholar
- M. R. Pinto, C. S. Rafferty, and R. W. Dutton, PISCES II: Poisson and Continuity Equation Solver. Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, 1984.Google Scholar
- K. Mayaram Tech. Rep. UCB/ERL M88/71, Electronic Research Laboratory, University of California at Berkeley, 1988.Google Scholar