Influence of Oxide-Damage on Degradation-Effects in Bipolar-Transistors
To optimize sub-micron bipolar devices with respect to speed and stability, the precize physical mechanisms have to be understood and modeled, which describe the emitter-base breakdown itself, the charge injection into the emitter-base cap oxide and the resulting change of both forward and reverse charactersitics. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the physical effects involved, to model them and to show by comparison with measured data the accuracy of the calculated results.
KeywordsCapture Cross Section Doping Profile Surface Recombination Velocity Reverse Characteristic Post Stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Klose et al., Proc. SSDM 1990 (1990) 653.Google Scholar
- K. Steger and M. Paffrath, Trans. IEEE CDA, to appear.Google Scholar
- GALENE II User’s Guide, RWTH Aachen, Germany.Google Scholar
- W. Bergner et al., Proc. ESSDERC 1992 (1992) 695.Google Scholar
- A.v. Schwerin, et al., IEDM Tech. Dig., 1992.Google Scholar
- H. Wurzer, master’s thesis, TU Munich, Germany (1992).Google Scholar