Two-Barrier model for Description of Charge Carriers Transport Processes in Structures with Porous Silicon
In this work the simulation of charge carrier transport processes was carried out in the structure consisted of metal — porous silicon — mono-silicon — metal for p-type silicon on the base of hypothesis of two rectifying transitions. Approbation of this model was done and it was demonstrated a good agreement between theoretical and experimental results. The specific resistivity value was estimated for different formation regimes.
KeywordsPorous Silicon Schottky Barrier Semiconductor Device Current Transport Specific Resistivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L.A. Balagurov, N.B. Smirnov, E.A. Kozhukhova, A.F. Orlov, E.A. Petrova and A. Ya. Polyakov, ”Characteristics of the contact metal/porous silicon”, Izv. Acad. Nauk, vol.58, no.7, pp. 78–83, 1994.Google Scholar
- S.P. Zimin, ”Hall effect in low-resistivity porous silicon”, Pis’ma v JTP, vol.20, no.7, pp.55–59, 1994.Google Scholar
- S.P. Zimin, V.S. Kuznetsov and A.V. Prokaznikov, ”Physical peculiarities of charge carriers transport in porous silicon structures”, Technical Digest Inter. Conf. ICVC’93, Taejon, pp. 179–182, 1993.Google Scholar
- S.M. Sze, ”Physics of Semiconductor Devices”, 2nd ed. John Willey and Sons, New York, 1981.Google Scholar
- V.I. Striha, ”Theoretical foundations of functioning of metal-semiconductor contact”, Kiev, 1974, 264 p.Google Scholar
- S.P. Zimin, V.S. Kuznetsov, N.V. Perch and A.V. Prokaznikov, ”To the question of current transport mechanism in the structures with porous silicon”, Pis’ma v JTP, vol. 20, no.22, pp. 22–26, 1994.Google Scholar