Numerical and analytical modelling of head resistances of diffused resistors
Head resistances of diffused resistors are investigated by means of numerical device simulation. Outgoing from an understanding of the current flow pattern, an analytical model for the calculation of the head resistance from known geometric and technological parameters is developed. The results of the simulations and the modelling are verified by comparison with experimental data.
KeywordsContact Resistance Semiconductor Device Diffuse Resistor Specific Contact Resistance Spreading Resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.B. Grebene. Bipolar and MOS analog integrated circuit design. Wiley & Sons, New York 1984.Google Scholar
- O. Kalz, D. Schroeder. PARDESIM — A parallel device simulator on a transputer based MIMD-machine. In S. Selberherr, H. Stippel, E. Strasser, editors, Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Simulation of Semiconductor Devices and Processes (SISDEP’93), Sept. 7–9, 1993, Vienna, Springer, Wien 1993, pp. 245–248.Google Scholar
- D. Schroeder. An analytical model of non-ideal ohmic and Schottky contacts for device simulation. In W. Fichtner and D. Aemmer, editors, Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Simulation of Semiconductor Devices and Processes, Sept. 12–14, 1991, Zurich, Hartung-Gorre, Konstanz 1991, pp. 313–319.Google Scholar
- D. Schroeder. A boundary condition for the Poisson equation at non-ideal metal-semiconductor contacts. In J.J.J. Miller, editor, Proc. 8th Int. Conf. on the Numerical Analysis of Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits (NASECODE VIII), May 19–22, 1992, Vienna, Boole Press, Dublin 1992, pp. 105–106.Google Scholar
- D. Schroeder, T. Ostermann, O. Kalz. Nonlinear contact resistance and inhomo-geneous current distribution at ohmic contacts. In S. Selberherr, H. Stippel, E. Strasser, editors, Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Simulation of Semiconductor Devices and Processes (SISDEP’93), Sept. 7–9, 1993, Vienna, Springer, Wien 1993, pp. 445–448.Google Scholar
- Picture created with Picasso, developed by ETH Zurich and ISE AG, Zurich.Google Scholar