Three-Dimensional Integrated Process Simulator: 3D-MIPS
We have developed a three-dimensional integrated process simulator of topography and impurity: 3D-MIPS. 3D-MIPS includes topography and impurity simulator, which can simulate deposition, etching, photolithography, BPSG flow, ion implantation, oxidation and impurity diffusion. The diffusion model, in particular, uses a novel equation which unifies diffusion and segregation. In this paper, these models and their simulation results are presented, and we demonstrate that it is possible to simulate 3D-complicated structures stably.
KeywordsDiffusion Model Impurity Diffusion NMOS Transistor Electric Field Effect Oxidation Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Onga and K. Taniguchi, VLSI Symp., VI-7, 1985.Google Scholar
- K. Nishi et al, NASECODE VI, p. 297, 1989.Google Scholar
- S. Odanaka et al, IEEE ICCAD-86 California, p.468, 1986.Google Scholar
- M. Fujinaga et al, TEDM Tech. Digest, p.905, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. Orlowski, Proceeding of VLSI Process/Device Modeling Workshop, p.1, Japan 1989.Google Scholar
- R.B. Fair and J.C.C. Tsai, J. Electrochem. Soc., p.2050, 1978.Google Scholar
- M. Yeung, Proc. Kodak Microelectronics Seminar INTERFACE’85, p.115, 1986.Google Scholar
- M. Fujinaga et al., Tech. Dig. of NUPAD IV, p.15, 1992.Google Scholar