Möbius Crossover and Excursion Set Mediated Genetic Algorithms
A non traditional highly disruptive crossover operator, called Möbius crossover, is introduced in the context of Excursion Set Mediated Genetic Algorithm (ESMGA). The new operator and the algorithm are applied to two GA deceptive problems and the results are reported.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Schema Average Modify Genetic Algorithm Schema Theorem Reward Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Baskaran and D. Noever. Excursion Sets and a Modified Genetic Algorithm, pages 55–567. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1993.Google Scholar
- L.J. Eshelman. The CHC Adaptive Search Algorithm, pages 265–283. Morgan Kaufmann, 1991. G. Rawlins, ed.Google Scholar
- J.H. Holland. Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems. University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor MI, 1975.Google Scholar
- G.E. Liepins and M.D. Vose. Deceptiveness and Genetic Algorithm Dynamics, pages 36–50. Morgan Kaufmann, 1991. G. Rawlins, ed.Google Scholar
- D. Noever, S. Baskaran, and P. Schuster. Understanding genetic algorithm dynamics using harvesting strategies. Physica, D79:132–145, 1994.Google Scholar
- L.D. Whitley. Fundamental Principles of Deception in Genetic Search, pages 221–241. Morgan Kaufmann, 1991. G. Rawlins, ed.Google Scholar