Multiobjective Pressurised Water Reactor Reload Core Design using a Genetic Algorithm
The design of pressurised water reactor (PWR) reload cores is not only a formidable optimization problem but also in many instances a multiobjective problem. This paper describes a genetic algorithm (GA) designed to perform true multiobjective optimization on such problems.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Multiobjective Optimization Fuel Assembly Multiobjective Optimization Problem Loading Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. E. Baker. Adaptive selection methods for genetic algorithms. In J. J. Grefenstette, editor, Proc. Int. Conf. on Genetic Algorithms and their Applications, Hillsdale, NJ, 1985. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.Google Scholar
- M. D. DeChaine and M. A. Feltus. Nuclear fuel management optimization using genetic algorithms. Nucl. Technol., 111:109, 1995.Google Scholar
- D.E. Goldberg. Genetic Algorthims in Search Optimization and Machine Learning. Addison Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- D. J. Kropaczek, G. T. Parks, G. I. Maldonado, and P. J. Turinsky. Application of simulated annealing to in-core nuclear fuel management optimization. In Proc. 1991 Int. Top. Mtg. Advances in Mathematics, Computations and Reactor Physics, 1991.Google Scholar
- D. J. Kropaczek, G. T. Parks, G. I. Maldonado, and P. J. Turinsky. The efficiency and fidelity of the in-core nuclear fuel management code FORMOSA-P. In Y. Ronen and E. Elias, editors, Reactor Physics and Reactor Computations. Ben Gurion University of the Negev Press, 1994.Google Scholar
- P. W. Poon and G. T. Parks. Application of genetic algorithms to in-core nuclear fuel management optimization. In Proc. Joint Int. Conf. Mathematical Methods and Supercomputing in Nuclear Applications, page 777, 1993.Google Scholar
- J. G. Stephens, K. S. Smith, K. R. Rempe, and T. J. Downar. Optimization of pressurized water reactor shuffling by simulated annealing with heuristics. Nucl. Sci. Eng., 121:67, 1995.Google Scholar
- E. Tanker and A. Z. Tanker. Application of a genetic algorithm to core reload pattern optimization. In Y. Ronen and E. Elias, editors, Reactor Physics and Reactor Computations. Ben Gurion University of the Negev Press, 1994.Google Scholar