A Speaker Independent Arabic Isolated Spoken Digits Recognition System Using Fuzzy Kohonen Clustering Network
A Fuzzy Kohonen Network, which is capable of recognizing isolated Arabic spoken number speaker independently is described. The Fuzzy Kohonen Clustering Network (FKCN) algorithm, is based on the integration of Fuzzy C-Means (FCM) and Kohonen Clustering Network (KCN). FKCN is unsupervised, non-sequential, and uses fuzzy membership values from FCM as learning rates. Simulation results clearly indicate the superiority in recognition accuracy performance of FKCN when compared to that obtained for FCM, KCN and the conventional LBG (Linde-Buzo-Gray).
KeywordsFeature Vector Weight Vector Speech Recognition System Small Positive Constant Automatic Speech Recognition System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Mouria, B. F., Brahem, R., Nejma, A. M: Syrapa: An automatic Arabic phoneme recognition system. 2nd IMACS International Multiconference CES A′98, Nabeul-Hammamet, Tunisia, vol. 4, pp. 196–200, 1998Google Scholar
- Jamaa, M., Alimi, A. M: Recognition of spoken isolated Arabic words with the Beta Fuzzy Neural Network. 2nd IMACS International Multiconference CESA′98, Nabeul-Hammamet, Tunisia, vol. 4, pp. 348–351, 1998Google Scholar
- Belhaj, N., Boukadida, F., Ellouze, N.: Sapia:Expert system in Automatic segmentation and labelling of Arabic speech. 2nd IMACS International Multiconference CESA′98, Nabeul-Hammamet, Tunisia, vol. 4, pp. 201–203, 1998Google Scholar
- Sayoud, H., Selmane, M. K.: inter and intra-speaker variability of some phonetic parameters in standard Arabic. Classification in speaker recognition. 2nd IMACS International Multiconference CESA′98, Nabeul-Hammamet, Tunisia, vol. 4, pp. 216–219, 1998Google Scholar
- Oweiss, K., Abdel, A. O.: Performance evaluation of the time-delay fuzzy neural networks for isolated word recognition. International Symposium on Neuro-Fuzzy Systems, pp. 203–211, 1996.Google Scholar
- Alotaibi, Y. A., Shahsavri, M. M.: Speech recognition. IEEE Potentials, pp. 23–28, Feb-March 1998.Google Scholar
- Kohonen, T.: Self-organization and associative memory. Springer-verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- Fritzke, B.: Some competitive learning methods. Draft documend, available http:/www.neuroinformatik.ruhur-uni-bochum.de/ini/VDM/research/gsn/demogng.
- Choc, H., Jordan, J.: On the optimal choice of parameters in a fuzzy c-means algorithms. Proc. First IEEE conf. on Fuzzy systems, san Diego 1992.Google Scholar