The Use of the Internet as a New Marketing Tool to Promote New Tourist Destinations in Asia
The development of the Internet during the 1990s has provided a new electronic infrastructure which facilitate new means of communication and information exchange, which was enhanced by the continuing rise of the number of Internet users world-wide. Speed, efficiency and cheapness are some of the many reasons that lead to the fast development of the Internet Technology.
KeywordsTourism Industry Internet Technology Tourist Destination Travel Agent Tourist Information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- •.Baker, M.G., Hayzelden, C. and Sussmann, S.: Can Destination Management Systems Give You Competitive Advantage- Progress in Tourism and Hospitality Research, 1(3), 89–94. (1996).Google Scholar
- •.Krippendorf, K,: Content Analysis: An Introduction to It’s Methodology, London, Sage Publications. (1990).Google Scholar
- •.Pollock, A.: Occasional Studies: The Impact of Information Technology on Marketing, EIU Travel & Tourism Analyst, No 3. (1995).Google Scholar
- •.Rosenberg, M.: The Logic of Survey Analysis, New York: Basic Books. (1968).Google Scholar
- •.Tapscott, D. and MacGraw, H.: The Digital Economy: Promise and Peril in the Age of Networked Intelligence. (1995).Google Scholar
- •.Korea National Tourism Organisation http://www.knto.or.kr
- •.Japan National Tourism Organisation http://www.jnto.go.jp
- •.Malaysia National Tourism Organisation http://www.tourism.gov.my
- •.Singapore National Tourism Organisation http://www.travel.com.sg