Spectroscopy and Liftime of Mesons with Bottom and Charm Quarks
The understanding of hadronic matter properties in high density and temperature environment is necessary for interpreting relativistic heavy ion collision data. Accordingly the bound state of a bottom and acharm quark B c is of great theoretical and experimental importance. We have calculated the spectrum of this meson in Bethe-Salpeter model using two reductions. The ground state mass and decay lifetime of B c predicted by this model are found in excellent agreement with the experimental values observed at Fermi Lab. We evaluate the mass of the pseudo-scalar B c meson as 6.356 GeV/c 2 and 6.380 GeV/c 2 and the lifetime as 0.47 ps and 0.46 ps respectively in the two reductions ‚ in good agreement with the recently reported mass of 6.40 ± 0.39 (stat.) ± 0.13 (syst.) GeV/c 2 and lifetime of 0.46 −0.16 +0.18 (stat.) ± 0.03 (syst.) ps by the CDF Collaboration. We evaluate the decay constant of the B c meson and compare different contributions to its decay width.
KeywordsGauge Boson Decay Width Charm Quark Weak Decay Meson Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. Itzykson and J.B. Zuber: Quantum Field theory. New York: McGraw-Hill 1980 (Chapter 10 gives a review of Bethe-Salpeter equation)Google Scholar
- 4.G.E. Brown and A.D. Jackson: The Nucleon-Nucleon Interaction. New York: North-Holland 1976 and references thereinGoogle Scholar
- 13.Nathan Isgur, Daryl Scora, Benjamin Grinstein, Mark B. Wise: Phys. Rev. D39, 799 (1989)Google Scholar
- 14.F. Abe et al: The CDF Collaboration, hep-ex/9804014; W. Hav and V. Papadimitriou: private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 16.S.S. Gershtein, V.V. Kiselev, A.K. Likhoded, A.V. Tkabladze, A.V. Berezhnoi, A.I. Onishchenko: hep-ph/9803433Google Scholar
- 17.M. Chabab: LMPHE/97-04Google Scholar
- 19.M.B. Voloshin and M.A. Shifman: Yad. Fiz. 47, 801,1988Google Scholar
- [M.B. Voloshin and M.A. Shifman: Sov. J.N.P. 47, 511(1988)]Google Scholar
- 20.H. Georgi: Phys. Lett. B24 Google Scholar
- 24.A. Abd El-Hady, A. Datta, J.P. Vary: Phys. Rev. D58, 6780 (1998)Google Scholar
- 26.C. Quigg: Proceedings of the Workshop on B Physics at Hadron Accelerators, ed. by P. McBride and C. Shekhar Mishra, Fermilab-CONF-93/267 (SSCL-SR-1225) 1994Google Scholar
- 27.A.M. Poskanzer, J.W. Harris, L.S. Schroeder (eds.): Nucl. Phys. A590, lc-653c (1995)Google Scholar