Novel Features of Unstable Nuclei Studied with AMD
Formulation of AMD is briefly explained. It is explained that AMD can describe both mean field structure and cluster structure and also their coexistence. As an example to show this fact the results of the study of 12C are reported. Then it is shown that AMD is useful for the study of unstable nuclei which show many unexpected features different from stable nuclei. Nobel features of unstable nuclei we discuss include molecular orbits in Be isotopes, novel type of clustering in B isotopes, and different deformation of proton and neutron distributions in C isotopes.
KeywordsCluster Structure Field Structure Stable Nucleus Unstable Nucleus Gaussian Wave Packet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Horiuchi: Proc. NATO Advanced Study Institute on Correlations and Clustering Phenomena in Subatomic Physics, Dronten (1996), edited by M.N. Harakeh, J.H. Koch, O. Scholten, (NATO ASI Series B: Physics Vol.359), p.29. Plenum Press 1997Google Scholar
- 2.H. Horiuchi: Proc. Int. Symp. in Honor of Akito Arima; Nuclear Physics in 1990’s, Santa Fe (1990), edited by D.H. Feng, J.N. Ginocchio, T. Otsuka D. Strottman.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Arima: Proc. IV Int. Conf, on Clustering Aspects of Nuclear Structure and Nuclear Reactions, Chester (1984), edited by J.S. Lilley and M.A. Nagarajan, p.399. Dordrecht, Boston, Lancaster: Reidel 1985Google Scholar
- 4.H. Horiuchi, T. Maruyama, A. Ohnishi, S. Yamaguchi: Proc. Int. Conf. on Nuclear and Atomic Clusters, Turku (1991), edited by M. Brenner, T. Lönnroth, F.B. Malik, p.512. New York: Springer 1992)Google Scholar
- H. Horiuchi, T. Maruyama, A. Ohnishi, S. Yamaguchi:Proc. Int. Symp. on Structure and Reactions of Unstable Nuclei, Niigata (1991), edited by K. Ikeda and Y. Suzuki, p.108. Singapore: World Scientific 1992Google Scholar
- 10.Y. Kanada-En’yo, H. Horiuchi, A. Doté: Phys. Rev. C, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 11.K. Ikeda, N. Takigawa, H. Horiuchi: Prog. Theor. Phys. Supplement Extra Number, 464 (1968)Google Scholar
- 12.H. Horiuchi and K.Ikeda: Cluster Model of the Nucleus, International Review of Nuclear Physics, Vol.4, ed. T.T.S. Kuo and E. Osnes, pp.1 ~ 258. Singapore: World Scientific 1986Google Scholar