The Multidimensional Angular Coulomb Function Method in Atomic and Molecular Physics
I. At the last time a certain progress has been achieved in developing unified approaches to studying few-body properties based on non-model solutions of problems of discrete and continuous spectrum. The hyperspherical function method and its versions in the quark model of elementary particles, multinucleon theory of nuclei, atomic physics and quantum chemistry are enough widely spread [1, 2, 3]. However the hyperspherisal functions, used in the MHCF, being solutions of multidimensional Laplace equation, are a subset of wider set of multidimensional angular functions (MAF). In general case, the MAF may be constructed in multidimensional spaces with several collective variables determined so to describe prevailing motions in multipartial systems. New opportunities are opened with using methods of MAF, which may not be the characteristic functions of Laplace operator, what require calculating matrix elements of kinetic energy operator by the MAF. In the report we consider one of indicated total bases of MAF allowing for the most full specifics of multipartial problems with long-range Coulomb interaction, which received the name method of multidimensional angular Coulomb functions (MACF).
KeywordsQuark Model Atomic Physic Collective Variable Full Specific Kinetic Energy Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P.I. Jibuti, K. V. Shitikova: Hyperspherical function method in the atomic and nuclei physics: Moscow 1993Google Scholar
- 3.D.I. Abramov, L.N. Bogdanova, V.V. Gusev, L.I. Ponomarev: Nucl. Phys.613, 520 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.A.A. Sadovoy: Multidimentional Angular Coulomb Function Method in Theoretical and Applied Physics, p.296. Sarov 1994 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.B.M. Dzyuba, A.A. Sadovoy: Optics and Spectroscopy, 71, 709 (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.J.C. Slater: Electronic structure of moleculec: Moscow 1965Google Scholar
- 8.A.A. Sadovoy: New Method for Research of Magnetic Fild Influence on the properties of Multielectron Atoms and Ions. Proceedings of the 7-th Conf. of the Generation of Megagauss Magnetic Fields, Vol. II, p.857. Sarov 1997Google Scholar
- 9.I.K. Averyanov. B.M. Dzyaba, A.A. Sadovoy: Vopr. At. Nauki i Tekhniki(ser. Teor. and Prikl. Fiz.), vol. 1, p.25 (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.A.A. Sadovoy, V.M. Povyshev: Vopr. At. Nauki i Tekhniki (ser. Teor. I Prikl. Fiz.), vol. 1, p.25 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.A.A. Sadovoy: About the structure of antiproton systems. Proceedings of the 2-nd Int. A.D. Sakharov Phys. Conf., World Scientific, p.73, London 1997Google Scholar