Two-Dimensional Diffusion Characterization of Boron in Silicon using Reverse Modeling
This work deals with the simulation of two-dimensional impurity diffusion in CMOS silicon devices. The Reverse Modeling method was used to determine the diffusion coefficient (D I ) surface recombination rate of defects (K 1 ) and the characteristics of the injecting source. Analysis showed similarity between D I in 2-D system compared with the value obtained from non-patterned samples. The results for D I and K 1 are very well described by the Arrhenius expressions. D was found to be related to the substrate type e.g. EPI or CZ. The values of K 1 related to the interface type, oxidizing or non-oxidizing (Si02 or Si3N4).
KeywordsReverse Modeling Interface Type CMOS Device Arrhenius Expression Surface Recombination Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ghez, (1990): A primer of diffusion problems. John Wiley & Sons, New York.Google Scholar
- Griffin P. (1990): Physics and modeling of Two-Dimensional Diffusion in SUPREM-IV. PhD thesis, Stanford University.Google Scholar
- Taniguchi, K., Antoniadis, D. A., Matsushita Y. (1983): Kinetica of self-Interstitials generated at the Si/SiO2 interface. Appl. Phys. Lett., 42:961–963. See also: Taniguchi, K., Antoniadis, D. A., Matsushita Y. (1983): Kinetics of self-interstitials generated at the Si/SiO2 interface. Appl. Phys. Lett., 42:961–963.Google Scholar
- Griffin, P. B., Plummer, J. D. (1986): Process physics determining 2D impurity profiles in VLSI devices. In Technical Digest, Intl. Elec. Dev. Mtng, Los Angeles, pp. 522–523.Google Scholar
- Shauly, E. N., (2001): A study of two-dimensional diffusion of dopants inCMOS devices. PhD thesis, Technion -Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa.Israel.Google Scholar
- SUPREM-IV, (1997): TSUPREM-IV Two-Dimensional Process Simulation Program ver. 6.5 User’s Manual. Technology Modeling Associates Inc., Sunnyvale, Ca.Google Scholar
- MEDICI, (1997): MEDICI IV Two-Dimensional Device Simulation Program User’s Manual Ver. 4.0. Technology Modeling Associates Inc., Sunnyvale, Ca.Google Scholar
- Morehead, F., (1988): Defects in electronic materials. Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc., Pittsburgh, Pa., 104:9’Google Scholar
- Kump, M. R. (1988) Two-dimensional computer simulation of diffusion in silicon. Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Ca.Google Scholar