Accounting for Quantum Effects and Polysilicon Depletion in an Analytical Design-Oriented MOSFET Model
An analytical MOSFET model is presented that accounts for energy quantization in inversion charge and depletion in the poly gate. The model consistently describes effects on charges, transcapacitances, drain current and transconductances in all regions of operation, depending on five physical device parameters and bias conditions. Compari-son to experimental data is provided and parameter extraction briefly discussed. The model offers manageable equations providing insight into the physical phenomena, thereby supporting analog circuit design practice as well as efficient circuit simulation.
KeywordsGate Voltage Drain Current Strong Inversion Gate Capacitance Inversion Charge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Van Dort, P. Woerlee, A. Walker, Solid State Electronics, Vol. 37, N° 3, pp. 411–414, 1994.Google Scholar
- R. Rios, N. Arora, C.-L. Huang, N. Khalil, J. Faricelli, L. Gruber, IEDM Tech. Dig., 1995, pp. 937–940.Google Scholar
- C.-L. Huang, N. D. Arora, IEEE Trans. ED, Vol. 40, N° 12, pp. 2330–2337, Dec. 1993.Google Scholar
- T. Janik, B. Majkusiak, IEEE Trans. ED, Vol. 45, N° 6, pp. 1263–1271, June, 1998.Google Scholar
- G. Gildenblat, T. L. Chen, P. Bendix, Electron. Lett., Vol. 36, N° 12, pp. 1072–1073, June 2000.Google Scholar
- C. C. Enz, F. Krummenacher, E. A. Vittoz, Analog Int. Circ. Signal Proc. J., Vol. 8, pp. 83–114, 1995.Google Scholar
- A. I. A. Cunha, M. C. Schneider, C. Galup-Montoro, IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 33, N° 10, pp. 1510–1519, 1998.Google Scholar
- M. Bucher, Ph. D. Thesis No. 2114 (1999), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL).Google Scholar
- J.-M. Saliese, M. Bucher, C. Lallement, Solid State Electronics, Vol. 44, N° 6, pp. 905–912, 2000.Google Scholar
- M. Bucher, C. Lallement, C. Enz, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Test Structures (ICMTS’ 96), Vol. 9, pp. 145–150, March 1996.Google Scholar
- C. Lallement, M. Bucher, C. Enz, Solid State Electronics, Vol. 41, N° 12, pp. 1857–1861, 1997.Google Scholar