A Computational Efficient Method For Hbt Intermodulation Distortions And Two-Tone Characteristics Simulation
In this paper, a new simulation method for two-tone characteristics calculations and the third-order intercept point (0IP3) of heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) in large-scale time domain is proposed. Base on waveform relaxation (WR) and monotone iterative (MI) methods, we solve a set of nonlinear ordinary differential equation (ODE) of equivalent circuit. With this approach, the two-tone characteristics in frequency domain for HBTs were directly computed from time domain result with fast Fourier transform (FFT). Simulation results on a realistic HBT are presented to show the accuracy and efficiency of the method.
KeywordsFast Fourier Transform Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equation Time Domain Simulation Heterojunction Bipolar Transistor Spice Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
-  Guofu N., et al. Intermodulation characteristics of UHV/CVD SiGe HBTs. Proc. Bipolar/BiCMOS Circuits and Technology Meeting, 1999; 50-53Google Scholar
- Guofu N., et al. SiGe profile design tradeoffs for RF circuit applications. IEDM Tech. Dig., 1999; 573-576Google Scholar
- Sheu S., et al. Current gain long-term instability of A1GaAs/GaAs HBT: physical mechanism and SPICE simulation. Proc. IRPS, 1997; 248-252Google Scholar
- Chang M. F., et al. High efficiency and high linearity microwave power amplifiers based on ultra-high f/sub max/ selective buried sub-collector (SBSC) HBTs. Proc. IEEE MILCOM, 1998; 704-707Google Scholar
- Li Y., et al. A novel approach for the two-dimensional simulation of submicron MOSFETs using monotone iterative methodProc. IEEE VLSI-TSA, 1999;27-30Google Scholar
- Li Y., et al. A New Parallel Adaptive Finite Volume Method for the Numberical Simulation of Semiconductor Devices. Ad. Prog. Tech. Dig. CCP 2000; 138Google Scholar
- Getreu L E. Modeling the Bipolar Transistor, Elsevier, New York, 1984Google Scholar
- Liu W. Handbook of III-V Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors, John Wiley & Sons, 1998Google Scholar