Statistical Analysis of VLSI Using TCAD
Statistical process fluctuations influence upon device and circuit performance of VLSI with device miniaturization. Thus, robust process, device and circuit designs are needed. This article describes the statistical analysis of MOSFET and interconnect using Technology CAD (TCAD).
KeywordsMonte Carlo Grid Size Circuit Simulation Threshold Voltage Versus Titanium Silicide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Director, S.W., Maly, W. (Ed.) (1994): Statistical approach to VLSI. North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Bakoglu, H.B., Meindl, J.D. (1985): Optimum interconnection circuits for VLSI. IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, ED-32: 903.Google Scholar
-  Walker, D.M.H. et al. (1993): A TCAD framework for development and manufacturing. Technology CAD Systems (Ed. F. Fashing et al.): 83.Google Scholar
- Shigyo, N., et al. (2000): Technology CAD based statistical simulation of MOSFET's. Solid-St. Electronics, 44: 1001.Google Scholar
-  pdFab version 3.1 User's Reference Manual (1997): PDF Solutions.Google Scholar
- Shigyo, N. (2000): An analysis of process fluctuation induced propagation delay variation using analytical model: Solid-St. Electronics, 44: 2183.Google Scholar
- Shigyo, N., Tanimoto, H., Enda, T. (2000): Mesh related problems in device simulation: Treatments of meshing noise and leakage current. Solid-St. Electronics, 44: p. 11.Google Scholar
- Enda T., Shigyo, N. (1997): Grid size independent model of inversion layer carrier mobility. Proc. SISPAD'97: 319.Google Scholar
- Watt J.T., Plummer, J.D. (1987): Universal mobility-field curve for electrons and holes in MOS inversion layers. Symp. VLSI Tech. Dig. Papers: 81.Google Scholar
- Shigyo, N. (2000): Tradeoff between interconnect capacitance and RC delay variations induced by process fluctuations. IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, 47: 1740.Google Scholar