An Efficient Frequency-Domain Analysis Technique of MOSFET Operation
We propose a harmonic balance technique for the frequency-domain analysis of MOSFET operation. Our approach is based on the charge-sheet and the non-quasistatic(NQS) MOSFET models in the channel region with the harmonic balance(HB) technique applied to the channel charges. Lateral field effect is considered in the formulation to analyze the short channel MOSFET devices. It is shown that the proposed method renders a computationally efficient tool to analyze the harmonic distortion occurrence in the MOSFET devices due to the nonlinear response of the channel charges.
KeywordsHarmonic Balance Harmonic Distortion Short Channel Short Channel Effect Channel Charge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kevenaar, T. A., and Maten, E. J. W. ter (1999), RF IC Simulation: state-of-the-art and future tends, SISPAD, pp.7–10Google Scholar
- Troyanovsky, B., Yu, Z., Yu, and Dutton, R. W. (1995), Large Signal Frequency Domain Device Analysis via the Harmonic Balance Technique, SISPAD, pp.114–117Google Scholar
- Lee, K. -I., Kim, J., Park, Y. J., and Min, H. S., A Simple Frequency-Domain Analysis of MOSFET — Including Non-Quasistatic Effect, IEEE TCAD, To-be-published in July 2001Google Scholar
- Brews, J. R. (1978): A Charge-sheet Model of the MOSFET, SSE vol.21, pp.345–355Google Scholar
- Park, H. J. (1989): Charge-sheet and Non-quasistatic MOSFET Models for SPICE, Ph. D. Dissertation, U. C. BerkeleyGoogle Scholar
- Park, H. J., Ko, P. K., and Hu, C. (1986): A Measurement—based Charge-sheet capacitance Model of Short-channel MOSFET’ s for SPICE, IEDM, pp.40–43Google Scholar
- Miura-Mattausch, M., Feldmann, U., Rahm, A., Bolin, M., and Savignac, D. (1996): Unified Complete MOSFET Model for Analysis of Digital and Analog Circuits, IEEE TCAD vol. 15, pp. 1–7Google Scholar
- Pu, L.-J., and Tsividis, Y. P. (1990): Harmonic Distortion of the Four-terminal MOSFET in Non-quasistatic Operation, IEE Proceedings vol. 137, pp.325–332Google Scholar