Modeling of Reactive Ion Etching for Si/Si02Systems
Molecular dynamics (MD) simulations have been used to study surface reaction dynamics of Si and Si02etching by halogens. To perform classical MD simulations for Si02 etching reaction by halogens (Cl or F), we have constructed new sets of two— and three—body interatomic potential functions based on potential energy data obtained fromab initioquantum mechanical calculations of the electronic states. Etching yields for Si and Si02targets are obtained from MD simulations for both beam etching and reactive ion etching (RIE). The obtained yields are in good agreement with experimental observations.
KeywordsMolecular Dynamic Simulation Target Surface Si02 Target Molecular Dynamic Simulation Result Classical Molecular Dynamic Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. H. Stillinger and T. A. Weber, Phys. Rev. B 31, 5262 (1985); J. Chem. Phys. 88, 5123 (1988); Phys. Rev. Lett. 62, 2144 (1989).Google Scholar
- T. A. Schoolcraft and B. J. Garrison, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A8, 3496 (1990); J. Am. Chem. Soc. 113, 8221 (1991).Google Scholar
- M. E. Barone and D. B. Graves, J. Appl. Phys. 77,1263 (1995); J. Appl. Phys. 78,6604 (1995).Google Scholar
- H. Ohta and S. Hamaguchi, submitted to J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A (2001).Google Scholar
- H. Ohta and S. Hamaguchi, submitted to J. Chem. Phys. (2001).Google Scholar
- W. M. Holber and J. Forster, in Proceeding of Symposium on Dry Process, (ed. by Y. Horiike et al. The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, Technical Committee on Electron Devices, Tokyo) p. 9 (1989).Google Scholar