Determination of the Radiation Efficiency, Contrast and Sensitivity in Electron and Ion Lithography
Knowledge of the solubility rate dependence on exposure dose S(D) gives possibility to estimate the values of the radiation efficiency, sensitivity and contrast characteristics in electron and ion lithography. The idea for interconnection between the sensitivity and the contrast characteristics for an arbitrary combination of resist and developer (i.e. at a given molecular weight, resist density and radiation efficiency of the charged particles) is a base for the sensitivity optimisation in order to achieve the required contrast at chosen development conditions. The contrast parameter value ys (related to the traditionally used contrast parameter y d ) is determined by the slope of the dependence S(D) of the resist solubility rate Son the average exposure dose D.
KeywordsExposure Dose Radiation Efficiency Contrast Characteristic Electron Exposure Arbitrary Combination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brewer G. Electron Beam Technology in Microelectronic Fabrication. Acad Press, 1980Google Scholar
-  IBM, U.S. Pat. 3,931,435.Google Scholar
- Karapiperis L., Adesida I., Lee C.A., Wolf E.D. J.Vac.Sci. & Technol. (1981); 19:1259.Google Scholar
- Ryssel H., Haberger K., Kranz H.x J.Vac. Sci. & Technol. (1991); 19(4):1358.Google Scholar
- Vutova K., Mladenov G., Microelec. Eng. (accepted for publication) 2001Google Scholar
- Mladenov G. Dissertation for Dr.Sc.of Phys., Inst. of Electronics, Sofia, 1986, p.127.Google Scholar