An Evolutionary Approach to Identification of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems
In this paper a nonlinear identification methodology founded upon NARX model description is presented. In particular, the model determination procedure is decomposed into the elementary model structures selection one. Those models are represented as fixed-depth trees and a genetic algorithm is used to obtain their appropriate form. To show the effectiveness of the proposed approach, the final part of the paper contains examples concerning modelling the juice temperature at the out let of an evaporator at the Lublin sugar factory.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Genetic Program NARX Model Adaptive Random Search Genetic Programming Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Esparcia-Alcazar, A. I. (1998). Genetic Programming for Adaptive Digital Signal Processing. Ph. D. dissertation. Glasgow University.Google Scholar
- Farlow, S. J. (1984). Self-organizing Methods in Modelling — GMDH Type Algorithms. Marcel Dekker. New York.Google Scholar
- Gray, G. J, D. J. Murray-Smith, Y. Li, K. C. Sharman, T. Weinbrenner (1998). Nonlinear model structure identijication using genetic programming., Control Eng. Practice, Vol. 6. pp. 1341-1352.Google Scholar
- Hertz, J., R. Krogh and G. Palmer (1991). Introduction to the Neural Computation. Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Inc.Google Scholar
- Ivakhnenko, A. G. T (1968). The group method of data handling — A rival of stochastic approximation. Sov. Autom. Contr. vol. 3, p. 43.Google Scholar
- Ljung, L. (1987).System Identification. Theory for the Users. Prentice-Hall Inc. Englewood Cliffs. New Jersey.Google Scholar
- Miehalewiez, Z. (1996). Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs. Springer. Berlin.Google Scholar
- Nuck, D. and, Klawonn F. and R. Krause (1997). Foundations of Neuro-Fuzzy Systems. John Wiley & Sons. Chiehester.Google Scholar
- Walter, E. and L. Pronzato] (1996). Identification of Parametric Models from Experimental Data. Springer. LondoGoogle Scholar
- Witczak, M. and J. Korbicz (2000). Genetic programming based observers for nonlinear systems. Proc. of the IFAC Symp.: Fault Detection, Supervision and Safety of Technical Processes: SAFE PROCESS’ 2000, June 14-16, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 967–972.Google Scholar
- Witezak, M. and J. Korbiez (2000). Identification of nonlinear systems using genetic programming. Proc. of the Sixth International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, August 28-31, Miedzyzdroje, Poland, pp. 795–800.Google Scholar