The Endoscope, Endoscopic Equipment and Instrumentation
Endoscopic pituitary surgery, like any other surgery performed by means of the endoscope as instrument to see and inspect the human anatomy and the surgical target, can be represented as a sort of chain where its weakest ring determines the overall effectiveness of the whole structure. The rings of the chain can be considered the endoscope itself, all the connections and devices aimed at showing the surgical images, i.e. the endoscopic equipment, and the specific surgical instruments produced to realize all the peculiar steps of the operation under the best conditions.
KeywordsSellar Region High Quality Video Endoscopic Endonasal Approach Xenon Light Source Endoscopic Equipment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berci G (1976) Endoscopy. Appleton-Century-Crofts, New York, pp 11Google Scholar
- 3.Cappabianca P, de Divitiis E (2001) Endoscopic pituitary surgery. Endo-Press, Tuttlingen, pp 62Google Scholar
- 4.Reuter MA, Engel RM, Reuter HJ (1999) History of endoscopy. W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart, pp 660Google Scholar
- 5.Figdor PP (2002) Philipp Bozzini. Endopress, Tuttlingen, vol 1, pp 507Google Scholar
- 6.KARL STORZ Instructions Manual Cleaning, Sterilization and Care. TuttlingenGoogle Scholar
- 7. KARL STORZ Telescopes. TuttlingenGoogle Scholar