Intestinal Absorption of Fat
Divergent views on the mechanism of fat absorption that prevailed during the past 100 years have recently narrowed to a concept in which most investigators concur. This subject has been recently reviewed (Johnston 1963, Clément 1964, Senior 1964). The distinct (phases of the digestion and absorption of fats will be discussed in the following sections.
KeywordsBile Salt Phosphatidic Acid Micellar Solution Divergent View Texas Southwestern Medical
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Borgström, B., 1964: Metabolism and Physiological Significance of Lipids. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., New York.Google Scholar
- Clément, G., 1964: J. Physiol., Paris, 56, 111–192.Google Scholar
- Hofmann, A. F., and B. Borgström, 1962: Federation Proc. 21, 43–50.Google Scholar
- Johnston, J. M., 1963: Advances in Lipid Research, Academic Press, Inc., New York, 1, 105–131.Google Scholar
- Johnston, J. M., and J. L. Brown, 1963: Abstr. Intern. Conf. Biochem. Probi. Lipids, Birmingham, England.Google Scholar