Description of K±p Interactions
The strong interactions of kaons and other strange particles have been studied for many years. Experimentally, we now have a fairly detailed picture of kaon-hyperon associated production (πp → KY) and of K+ p and K− p interactions. In particular, K− p interactions have developed into a new branch of hadron physics .
KeywordsStrange Particle Annihilation Channel Inelastic Channel Charge Exchange Cross Section Multichannel Scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Nikolic, Experimental information on negative kaons, in Progress in Elementary Particle and Cosmic Ray Physics, VIII, edited by J. G. Wilson and S. A. Wouthysen, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.R. H. Dalitz, Rev. Mod. Physics 33,471 (1961); Strange particles and strong interactions, Oxford Univ. Press, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.W. Kittel, G. Otter, I. Wacek, Phys. Lett. (to be published).Google Scholar
- 7.B. R. Martin, Phys. Rev. 138, B 1136 (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.R. D. Tripp, Baryon Resonances, CERN Yellow report 1965–7.Google Scholar
- 12.Ch. Peyrou, Proc. Oxford Conference on Elementary Particle Physics, 129 (1965)Google Scholar