Problems on Conservation and Lack of Conservation of Weak Interaction Currents
In these lectures, we wish to focus our attention on some aspects of the renormalization problems in weak interactions. We shall suppose the reader to be familiar with the symmetry principles and the empirical facts which have led to the current status of weak interactions. At the present time, we have at our disposal a phenomenological theory of weak interactions which turns out to be very successful in processes such as: μ-meson decay, nuclear β-decay and μ-meson capture by nuclei.
KeywordsWeak Interaction Vector Current Axial Vector Electromagnetic Form Factor Vector Part
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
For an extensive survey of the weak interactions field, the reader is referred to
- Treiman, Dispersion Relations and Elementary Particles (Les Houches 1960 ) P. 515–58.Google Scholar
- Berman, Lectures Notes on Weak Interaction. CERN Report 1961.Google Scholar
- Jackson, Brandeis Lectures, P. 266 (1962).Google Scholar
- CERN Seminars (1961).Google Scholar
- 1.Gershtein and Zeldovitch, JETP 8, 570 (1959).Google Scholar