An Attempt to Calculate Radiative Corrections to a Pure Fermi Decay
Part of the Acta Physica Austriaca book series (FEWBODY, volume 4/1967)
A general survey is given of an attempt to estimate the effective value of the cut off in the radiative corrections to nuclear β-decay.
KeywordsForm Factor Intermediate State Radiative Correction Point Particle Axial Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Footnotes
- 1.Cf., e.g., T. Kinoshita and A. Sirlin, Phys. Rev. 113, 1652 this (1959). More complete references paper as well as in ref. 4 below. can be found inGoogle Scholar
- 2.Cf., e.g., the “Landau gauge” used by Landau et al. in a series of papers about the high energy behaviour of quantum electrodynamics. All these papers are reprinted in “Collected papers of L. D. Landau”, Perga-mon Press (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.Cf., e.g., J. Schwinger, Phys. Rev. 76, 790 (1949).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Källén, Nuclear Physics, to be published.Google Scholar
- 5.Cf., e.g., the proceedings of the Schladming meeting 1966.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Lg5vseth, Phys. Lett. 5, 199 (1963). Experimental results in M. M. Block et al., Phys. Lett. 12, 281 (1964) and J. K. Bienlein et al., Phys. Lett. 13, 80 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.The bremsstrahlung in a proton-proton scattering process would be unsuitable for this purpose as the recoil of the target could not be neglected in such a reaction.Google Scholar
- 8.Cf. the calculations given in the 1966 Schladming proceedings, esp. on p. 211.Google Scholar
- 9.Cf. ref. 1.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Wien 1967