Leptonic Decays of the Kaon According to Current Algebra and PCAC
In this lecture I want to discuss the recent calculations of the leptonic decays of the K mesons based on the current commutation relations of Gell-Mann  and the assumption of a partially conserved axial vector current  (PCAC). For the most part this will be a review of the work of Callan and Treiman  and Weinberg , although some new results, obtained in collaboration with McNamee , will also be discussed. The presentation will largely follow an approach due to Bell  and will be rather elementary since this lecture is primarily intended for those who are not already familiar with the techniques.
KeywordsForm Factor Pole Diagram Axial Vector Leptonic Decay Momentum Dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.P. McNamee and R. J. Oakes, to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.J. S. Bell, Proceedings of the 1966 CERN School of Physics at Noordwijk-aan-Zee, CERN Yellow Report 66–29 (1966), and private communications.Google Scholar
- 7.For a recent review of the data see N. Cabibbo, Proceedings of the XIIIth International Conference on High Energy Physics, CERN Report TH. 711.Google Scholar
- 10.I am indebted to J. S. Bell for this observation.Google Scholar
- 11.There is also a vector term ti F+euvpokvp1p2 that we shall not discuss. It cannot contribute in the soft pion limit and presumably is negligible in the physical region owing to the centrifugal barrier.Google Scholar
- 13.In Eqs. (21) - (23) we have corrected a sign error in Eq. (24) of Ref. 4).Google Scholar
- 14.The axial vector form factors are presumably unimportant. See Ref. 11).Google Scholar
- 15.V.A.Kolkunov and I. V. Lyagin, Zhur.Eksp.i Teoret.Fiz. 45, 2009 (1963);Google Scholar
- V.A.Kolkunov and I. V. Lyagin, English translation: Sov. Phys. JETP 18, 1379 (1964).Google Scholar