Some Remarks on the Colloid Chemistry of Protoplasm
Chemically speaking, the living cell consists of a great many organic and inorganic substances, several of the former belonging to the colloids. Morphologically speaking, the living cell consists of several compartments of either microscopical or submicroscopical dimensions. In the first eight chapters of this paper no attention has been paid to morphological questions. It has been tacitly supposed that the colloid systems discussed were—at least theoretically—unlimited. This was admissible as we were only interested in the interactions and properties of the kinetic units of colloid dimensions.
KeywordsInterfacial Tension Hollow Sphere Colloid System Colloid Chemistry Central Vacuole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bungenberg de Jong, H. G., 1949: Chapter XI in Kruyt’s Colloid Science II. Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- — and R. C. Bakhuizen van den Brink, 1947: Tissues of prismatic celloidin cells containing biocolloids. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. 50, 436–441.Google Scholar
- — and A. de Barker, 1956: Contributions to the colloid chemistry of phosphatides III and IV. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. B59, 124–161.Google Scholar
- — A. de Barker, and D. Andriesse, 1955: Contributions to the colloid chemistry of phosphatides I. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. B58, 238–250.Google Scholar
- — and E. G. Hoskam, 1942: Motory phenomena in coacervate drops in a diffusion field and in the electric field. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. 44, 1099–1103.Google Scholar
- — B. Kok, and D. R. Kreger, 1940: Tissues of prismatic cells containing biocolloids I. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. 43, 512–521.Google Scholar
- Frey-Wyssling, A., 1953: Submicroscopic morphology of protoplasm. Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Heilbrunn, L. V., 1928: The colloid chemistry of protoplasm. Berlin.Google Scholar
- Ruiter, L. de, and H. G. Bungenberg de Jong, 1947: The interfacial tension of gum arabic-gelatine complexcoacervates and their equilibrium liquids. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. 50, 836–848.Google Scholar
- — — 1947: Contribution to the explanation of motory and disintegration phenomena in complex coacervate drops in the electric field. Proc. Kon. Ned. Akad. Wetensch. Amst. 50, 1189–1200.Google Scholar