Precautions with α-Active Isotope Separators at Harwell
There are three main alternatives in setting up an α-active separator. At one extreme the whole machine can be boxed up and serviced which the machine is boxed but has its main units close to walls containing glove ports, or even in individual dry-boxes.
KeywordsControl Room Source Unit Closed Circuit Television Pressure Suit Quick Turn Round
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Freeman, J. H., and M. L. Smith, Glove-boxes and Shielded Cells, p. 306 (Butterworth 1957).Google Scholar
- 2.Freeman, J. H., K. J. Hill, and M. L. Smith, E.M. Separation of Plutonium Isotopes, Operational Experience in 1957, A.E.R.E. Report No. R-3043.Google Scholar
- 3.Dawton, R. H., Proceedings of the Harwell Symposium on Electromagnetically Enriched Isotopes and Mass Spectrometry, p. 208 (Butterworth 1956).Google Scholar
- 4.Smith, M. L., and K. J. Hill, Proc. International Symposium on Isotope Separation, p. 581 (North-Holland 1958).Google Scholar
- 5.Electromagnetic Separators, p. 150 (North-Holland 1958).Google Scholar