Ultimate Load Behaviour of Webs Subject to Patch Loading and Interaction between Shear Lag and Plate Buckling in Longitudinally Stiffened Compression Flanges
This part of the monograph, corresponding to seven hours of lecturing at the related International Advanced School, deals with two chapters on advanced analysis of steel plate and box girders; viz. (i) the behaviour of the slender webs of steel plate girders subject to partial edge loading and (ii) the interaction that exists between shear lag and plate buckling in the longitudinally stiffened compression flanges of steel box girder bridges and similar structures. Both chapters are mostly based on the results and conclusions of the research undertaken by the author and his associates in Prague during the last years, or (see one section of Chapter 2) in close cooperation with Prof. Maquoi’s team at Liège University in Belgium.
KeywordsUltimate Load Plastic Hinge Longitudinal Stiffener Partial Edge Plate Girder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.1.Škaloud, M., Křístek, V.: Stability problems of steel box girder bridges, Transactions of the Czech. Academy of Sci., Series of Techn. Sci., No.1, 1980, 1–122.Google Scholar
- 1.3.Škaloud, M., Novák, P.: Post-buckled behaviour of webs under partial edge loading, Transactions of the Czech. Academy of Sci., Series of Techn. Sci., No.3, 1975, 1–94.Google Scholar
- 1.4.Skaloud, M., Zörnerová, M.: Post-buckled behaviour of webs in shear, Transactions of the Czech. Academy of Sci., Series of Techn. Sci., No.3, 1972, 1–96.Google Scholar
- 1.5.Rockey, K.C., Bagchi, D.K.: Buckling of plate girder webs under partial edge loading, Int. J.Mech. Sci., Pergamon Press, 12 (1970).Google Scholar
- 1.6.Škaloud, M., Kárníková, L: Experimental research on the limit state of the plate elements of steel bridges, Transations of the Czech. Academy of Sci., Series of Techn. Sci., No.l, 1985, 1–141.Google Scholar
- 1.7.Januš, K., Kárníková, I. and Škaloud, M.: Experimental investigation into the ultimate load behaviour of longitudinally stiffened steel webs under partial edge loading, Acta technica ČSAV, 33 (1988), 2, 162–195.Google Scholar
- 1.8.Behaviour and design of steel plated structures (Edited by P.Dubas and E.Gehri), Applied Statics and Steel Structures, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, January 1986, 1–247.Google Scholar
- 1.9.Drdácký, M.: Steel webs with flanges subjected to partial edge loading, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, 1982.Google Scholar