Olefin and Π-Allylic Complexes of Palladium, Platinum and Iridium
We are making a study of compounds containing metal-carbon bonds with particular reference to complexes of the second and third transition series. Compounds of this type are known to be catalytic intermediates in several reactions of industrial interest; for example, palladium(II) which readily forms olefin and Π-allylic complexes, is a particularly good catalyst for some reactions involving olefins. We have investigated reactions of palladium(II) compounds with diolefins and here describe some of this work.
KeywordsSilver Salt Sorbic Acid Transition Series Catalytic Intermediate Allylic Derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.SHAW, Chem. and Ind., 1962, 1190.Google Scholar
- 3.ROBINSON and SHAW, J. Chem. Soc. (London), 1963, 4806.Google Scholar
- 4.SHAW and SHEPPARD, Chem. and Ind., 1961, 517.Google Scholar
- 5.CHATT and VENANZI, J. Chem. Soc. (London), 1957, 4735.Google Scholar
- 6.ABEL, BENNETT and WILKINSON, J. Chem. Soc. (London), 1959, 3178.Google Scholar