Compounds Containing Rhodium-Mercury, Osmium-Mercury or Iridium-Mercury Bonds
In the preceding paper presented by R.S.NYHOLM various methods which can be used to prepare covalent metal-to-metal bonded compounds were summarised. The work described in this investigation employs two new essentially different reactions (see I and II below) to produce complexes containing transition metal-to-mercury bonds; these are the first complexes containing a metal-metal bond between a post-transition metal and a group VIII metal in the second and third rows.
KeywordsLigand Field Rhodium Complex Strong Covalent Bond Group Viii Metal Longe Wavelength Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NYHOLM, R. S., and VRIEZE, K., Proc. Chem. Soc.,1963, 138.Google Scholar
- 2.NYHOLM, R. S., and VRIEZE, K., Chem.and Ind.,1964, 318.Google Scholar
- 4.VALLARINO, L., J. Chem. Soc. (London),1957, 2287.Google Scholar
- 5.NYHOLM, R. S., and VRIEZE, K., Unpublished work.Google Scholar
- 6.LEWIS, J., NYHOLM, R. S., and REDDY, G. K. N., Chem.and Ind.,1960, 1386.Google Scholar