Novel Stereochemical Effects in Certain Coordination Compounds
This paper is concerned with the stereochemical properties of certain generically related mononuclear complexes in which the coordination number of the central atom or cation is 7, 8, 9, or 10. New results are reported for amine-polycarboxylate chelates of Zr (IV), high spin Fe3+, and the M3+rare earth ions; the chelating agents are ethylendiaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA; H4Y), 1, 2-diaminocyclohexane -N, N′ -tetraacetic acid (DCTA, H4Z), and nitrilotriacetic acid (NTA; H3X). X-ray diffraction analyses of three-dimensional data from single crystals provide quantitative descriptions of the chelates for theoretical discussion and correlation with other experimental observations.
KeywordsHigh Spin Coordination Compound Central Atom Nitrilotriacetic Acid Ring Strain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.HOARD, J. L., SMITH, G.S., and LIND, M. D., in “Advances in the Chemistry of the Coordination Compounds”, the Macmillan Company, New York, 1961, pp. 296 – 302.Google Scholar
- 4.COHEN, G. H., and HOARD, J. L., to be published.Google Scholar
- 5.LEE, B., LIND, M. D., and HOARD, J. L., in progress.Google Scholar
- 7.LIND, M. D., LEE, B., and HOARD, J. L., to be published.Google Scholar
- 9.WILLSTADTER, E., and HOARD, J. L., to be published.Google Scholar