Part of the International Centre for Mechanical Sciences book series (CISM, volume 262)
Variational Principles in Classical Mechanics and in Elasticity
Consider a material system (either a system of discrete points or a rigid body) with N degrees of freedom and submitted to holonomic constraints.
KeywordsVariational Principle Classical Mechanic Trial Function Strain Energy Function Displacement Boundary Condition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Koiter, W., On the concept of stability of equilibrium for continuum bodies, Proc. Kon. Ned. Ak. Wet., B66, 173, 1963.Google Scholar
- 7.Koiter, W., Lecture notes on elastic stability, C.I.S.M., Udine, 1971.Google Scholar
- 8.Timoshenko, S. and. Gere, J., Theory of elastic stability, Mac Graw Hill, New-York, 1961.Google Scholar
- 9.Pearson, C.E., Theoretical elasticity, Harvard Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1959.Google Scholar
- 14.Lippmann, H., Extremum and variational principles in mechanics, C.I.S.M. Lecture n°54, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1970.Google Scholar
- 15.Koiter, W., On the complementary energy theorem in nonlinear elasticity theory, in: Trends in applications of pure mathematics to mechanics, 6, Fichera, Ed., Pitman Pb., London, 1976.Google Scholar
- 16.Nemat-Nasser, S., General principles in nonlinear and linear elasticity with applications, in: Mechanics Today, vol. 1, Nemat Nasser, Eds., Pergamon, New-York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 17.Stumpf, H., Generating functionals and extremum principles in nonlinear elasticity with applications to nonlinear plate and shallow shell theory, in I.U.T.A.M. — I.M.U. Symposium on applications of the methods of functional analysis to problems of mechanics, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 503, Springer-Verlag Berlin, 1976.Google Scholar
- 19.Fung, Y., Foundations of solid mechanics, Prentice Hall, New-York, 1965.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Wien 1980