Waves in Elastic Media
We consider the propagation of plane waves in the context of linearized elasticity theory. Both homogeneous and inhomogeneous waves are considered. Propagation in internally constrained media is briefly considered as well as propagation in unconstrained anisotropic and isotropic media.
KeywordsEnergy Flux Elastic Medium Wave Train Phase Speed Complex Scalar
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gibbs, J.W. 1881, 1884 Elements of Vector Analysis (privately printed) = pp 17–90, Vol 2, Scientific Papers, Dover, New York 1961.Google Scholar
- Hamilton, W.R. 1853 Lectures on Quaternions, Hodges & Smith, Dublin.Google Scholar
- Hayes, M. 1984a in Wave Phenomena: Modern Theory and Applications (ed. C. Rogers and T.B. Moodie), Elsevier 175–191.Google Scholar
- MacCullagh, J. 1847 Proc. Roy. Irish. Acad., 3, 49–51.Google Scholar
- Stone, J.M. 1963 Radiation and Optics, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar