Part V deals with sensitivity analysis and structural optimization in stability and vibration problems. Chapter 1 is an introduction. Chapter 2 is devoted to qualitative and quantitative sensitivity analysis of vibrational frequencies of mechanical systems with respect to problem parameters. As an example linear gyroscopic system is considered. In chapters 3 and 4 sensitivity analysis for nonconservative problems of elastic stability is given and discussed. Discrete as well as distributed structures are considered. Chapter 5 is devoted to optimization of critical loads of columns subjected to follower forces. Chapter 6 is devoted to optimization of aeroelastic stability of panels in supersonic gas flow. Both static and dynamic forms of the loss of stability are considered. In chapters 7 and 8 bending-torsional flutter problem of a wing in incompressible flow is considered. Influence of mass and stiffness distributions on aeroelastic stability characteristics is studied. Optimization problem how to maximize the critical speed at which aeroelastic stability is lost is stated and solved numerically.
KeywordsCritical Load Critical Speed Gradient Function Adjoint Problem Follower Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Seyranian, A.P.: Sensitivity analysis and optimization of aeroelastic stability characteristics, Institute of Problems in Mechanics, USSR Academy of Sciences, N 162, Moscow 1980 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Seyranian, A.P.: Optimization of stability of a plate in supersonic gas flow, Mechanics of Solids, 15 (1980), 5, 141–147.Google Scholar
- 8.Seyranian, A.P. and Sharanyuk, A.V.: Sensitivity analysis of vibrational frequencies of mechanical systems, Mechanics of Solids, 22 (1987), 2, 34–38.Google Scholar
- 11.Ziegler, H.: Principles of Structural Stability, Blaisdell, Waltham, Mass. 1968.Google Scholar
- 16.Sheu, C.Y. and Prager, W.: Recent developments in optimal structural design, Appl. Mech. Rev., 21 (1968), 985–992.Google Scholar
- 21.Seyranian, A.P.: Multiple eigenvalues in optimization problems, PMM, 51 (1987), 349–352.Google Scholar
- 22.Olhoff, N.: Optimal Design with Respect to Structural Eigenvalues, in: Proc. 15th Inter. Congress of Theor. Appl. Mech., Toronto, 1980, North-Holland, Toronto 1981, 133–149.Google Scholar
- 25.Gajewski, A. and Życzkowski, M.: Optimal Structural Design under Stability Constraints, Njhoff, Dordrecht 1987.Google Scholar
- 26.Medvedev, N.G.: Some spectral singularities in optimal problem of shell of nonuniform thickness, Dokl. Ukr. Academy of Sciences, A, 9 (1980), 59–63 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 30.Grossman, E.P. Flutter, Transactions of CAHI, 284, Moscow (1937) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 31.Fung, Y.C. An Introduction to the Theory of Aeroelesticity, Wiley, New York, 1955.Google Scholar