The Lateral Behaviour of Railway Vehicles
This paper will deal with aspects of the basic theory of the lateral movement of a railway vehicle. As it will be shown later on, it is desirable to investigate the motion both on a tangent track as in a curve with a constant radius and cant.
KeywordsContact Force Lateral Displacement Tangential Force Speed Versus Railway Vehicle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kalker, J.J., On the rolling contact of two elastic bodies in the presence of dry friction,Thesis, Delft, 1967, 7+155 pp.Google Scholar
- 3.Kalker, J.J. Thesis, Delft, 90, 1967.Google Scholar
- 4.Kar, A.K., Wormely, D.N. and Hedrick, J.K., Generic rail truck characteristics, in: Proc. 6th IAVSD-Symposium, Berlin, September 3–7, 1979, Eds., Swets and Zeitlinger, 1980, 198.Google Scholar
- 5.Pater, A.D. de, The exact theory of the motion of a single wheelset moving on a purely straight track, Delft Un. of Techn., Dept. of Mech. Engg., Lab. of Engg. Mechs. Report No. 648, Delft, 1979, 78 pp.Google Scholar
- 8.Hauschild, W., The application of quasilinearization to the limit cycle behaviour of the nonlinear wheel-rail system, in: Proc. 6th IAVSD-Symposium, Berlin, September 3–7, 1979, Eds., Swets and Zeit-linger, 1980, 146.Google Scholar