Image Understanding Techniques in Geophysical Data Interpretation
This papers covers some topics in geophysical signal interpretation, by means of Artificial Intelligence (Machine Vision) techniques.
In particular, the low-level processing modules of a Knowledge-Based System for seismic reflection image understanding are presented, as well as an explanation of their structural and functional characteristics.
Preliminary results are also given and discussed.
KeywordsTexture Analysis Machine Vision Seismic Reflection Seismic Section Seismic Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Keskes, N., Boulanuar, A., and Faugeras, O., Application of Image Analysis Techniques to Seismic Data, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Paris, 1982, pp.855–858.Google Scholar
- Simmons, R.G., Representing the Reasoning about Change in Geologic Interpretation, M. Sc. Thesis, MIT, Cambridge, Ma., USA, 1983.Google Scholar
- Jacobs, J.A.C., The Use of Al-Tecniques in Seismic Interpretation, Report TNO-lnstitute of Applied Geoscience, Delft, The Netherlands, Talk presented at Hamburg, January 13, 1988.Google Scholar
- Ballard, D.H., and Brown, C.M., Computer Vision, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1984.Google Scholar
- Love, P.L, and Simaan, M., Seismic Signal Character Recognition Using Texture Analysis Techniques, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, San Diego, 1984, pp. 48.12.1–48.12.4.Google Scholar