Stochastic Modelling and Analysis of Fatigue
The text contains a verified version of the lectures presented in CISM on the recent advances in stochastic modelling and analysis of fatigue fracture of materials.
In the first (introductory) part the description of basic concepts, mechanisms and empirical hypotheses is briefly presented Cin order to introduce a reader into the subject). The next sections contain the discussion of the most notable recent achievements in stochastic modelling of fatigue crack growth in real materials. The so called evolutionary probabilistic models, the stochastic differential equation model Cobtained via randomization of empirical equations) and random cumulative jump models recently proposed are shortly characterized.
KeywordsCrack Length Crack Growth Rate Fatigue Crack Growth Crack Size Random Loading
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Antelman G., Savage I.R., Characteristic function of stochastic integrals and reliability problems, Naval Res. Lag. Quart., Vol. 12, No 3, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Bogdanoff J.L., A new cumulative damage model, P.1, J.Appl, Mech., Vo1. 45, 1978, 245–250. P.III, J.Appl.Mech., Vol. 45, 1978, 733–739.Google Scholar
- 3.Bogdanoff J.L., Kozin F., A new cumulative damage model, P. IV, J.Appl.Mech., Vol. 47, 1980, 40–44.Google Scholar
- 4.Bogdanoff J.L., Kozin F., Probabilistic models ofcumulative damage, John Wiley and Sons, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Bolotin W.W., Some mathematical and experimental models of damage Cin Russian), Problems of Strength, No 2, 1971.Google Scholar
- 6.Bolotin W. W., Prediction of life-time of materials and structures Cin Russian), Mashinostrojenije, Moskwa 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.Ditlevsen O, Sobczyk K., Random fatigue crack growth with retardation, Eng. Fract. Mech., Vol. 24, No 6, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.Kocaz’da S., Fatigue failure of metals, Sij thof f Noorthoff, Intern. Publ. 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.Kozin F., Bogdanoff J. L., A critical analysis of some probabilistic models of fatigue crack growth, Eng.Fracture Mech, Vol. 14, No 1, 1981.Google Scholar
- 11.Madson H.O., Deterministic and probabilistic models for damage accumulation due to time varying loading, Dialog, 5–82, Denmark Ingenioakademi, Lyngby.Google Scholar
- 14.Sobczyk K., On the Markovian models for fatigue accumulation, J.Mecanique Theor. et Appl., No special, 1982, 147–160.Google Scholar
- 15.Sobczyk K., On the reliability models for random fatigue damage, In: Proc. of the Third Swedish-Polish Symp. on “New Problems in Continuum Mech.” C Eds Bruhn O., Hsieh R.) Waterloo Univ.Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- 16.Sobczyk K., Modelling of random fatigue crack growth, Eng. Fract. Mech., Vol. 24, No 4, 1986.Google Scholar