Integrated Building Design
The presentation is largely based on the enclosed paper, which will constitute Chapter 2 of a forthcoming monograph, Concurrent Computer-Integrated Building Design by S. Fenves, U. Hemming, C. Hendrickson, M. Maher, M. Terk, R. Quadrel and R. Woodbury (Prentice Hall, 1993). The presentation covers: motivation and history of the project; overview of the knowledge-based agents participating in the design process; overview of two successive system architectures for process, information and agent management; and a brief extrapolation to the future of integrated design environments.
KeywordsDesign Environment Building Design Task Distribution Data Exchange Manager Building Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hendrickson, C. and T. Au: Project Management for Construction. Prentice-Hall Ltd., 1989.Google Scholar
- Maher, M.L., and Fenves, S.J.: HI-RISE: An Expert System For The Preliminary Structural Design Of High Rise Buildings. Technical Report R-85–146, Carnegie Mellon University, November, 1984.Google Scholar
- Miller, E. M.: Implementing Computer Aided Constructability Critics. Master’s thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 1990.Google Scholar
- Morse David V.: Communication in Automated Interactive Engineering Design. PhD thesis, Carnegie Mellon University, 1990.Google Scholar
- Priti Vora: A structural critic for the IBDE. Master’s thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 1989.Google Scholar