Analysis of Dynamic Photoelastic Fringe Patterns
Part of the International Centre for Mechanical Sciences book series (CISM, volume 275)
In static photoelastic analysis schemes for identification of isochromatic fringe patterns and stress separation techniques have been developed in the past /1,2/.
KeywordsStress Intensity Factor Fringe Pattern Fracture Process Zone Dynamic Stress Intensity Factor Fringe Order
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.Dally, J.W. and W.F. Riley: Experimental Stress Analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- /2/.Kuske, A. and G. Robertson: Photoelastic Stress Analysis. Wiley, New-York (1974)Google Scholar
- /4/.Durelli, A.J. and A. Shukla: Identification of isochromatic fringes (to appear; 1981 )Google Scholar
- /5/.Dally, J.W. et al.: Dynamic Photoelasticity and Photoplasticity. CISM-Course, October 1976 )Google Scholar
- /6/.Fracture Toughness Testing and its Applications.ASTM STP-381, 67th Annual Meeting ASTM, Chicago, Ill., 1964 (1965)Google Scholar
- /8/.Post, D.: Photoelastic stress analysis for an edge crack in a tensile field. Proc.SESA, XII, 99–116 (1955)Google Scholar
- /9/.Wells, A.A. and D. Post: The dynamic stress distribution surrounding a running crack–A photoelastic analysis, Proc.SESA 16 (1), 69–93 (1958)Google Scholar
- /10/.Sanford, R.J. and J.W. Dally: A general method for determining mixed-mode stress intensity factors from isochromatic fringe patterns. Eng.Fract. Mech. 11, 621–633 (1979)Google Scholar
- /13/.Irwin, G.R.: Discussion to Ref.[9[, Proc.SESA 16 (1), 93–96 (1958)Google Scholar
- /14/.Westergaard, H.M.: Bearing pressures and cracks. Trans-ASME, 61, A49 - A53 (1939)Google Scholar
- /15/.Rossmanith H.P.: Modelling of fracture process zones and singularity dominated zones, Eng.Fract.Mech.(to appear, 1982 )Google Scholar
- /17/.Rossmanith H.P. and R. Chona: A survey of recent developments in the evaluation of stress intensity factors from isochromatic crack-tip fringe patterns. ICF V, Vol. 5, 2507–2516 (1981)Google Scholar
- /18/.Sanford, R.J. and R. Chona: Analysis of photoelastic fringe patterns with a sampled least squares method. Proc.SESA Spring Meeting, Dearborn, 273–276 (1981)Google Scholar
- /20/.Rossmanith, H.P.: Crack Propagation and Branching. Proc.of Symp.on Absorbed Spec.Energy[Strain Energy Density; Guillemot Symp., Budapest, September 1980; Proc. 283–294 (1981)Google Scholar
- /21/.Irwin, G.R. et al.: Annual Reports 1975–1981 of the Photomechanics Lab. of the University of Maryland to the U.S.Nuclear Regulatory Commission.Google Scholar
- /22/.Der, V.K., D.C. Holloway and T. Kobayashi: Techniques for dynamic fracture toughness measurements, NSF-Report, University of Maryland, (1978).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Wien 1983