An Approach to Characterizing, Modeling and Analyzing Earthquake Excitation Records
The statistical problem of modeling general non-stationary time series.
Characterization of earthquake acceleration records as non-stationary stochastic processes.
Predict the dynamic characteristics of local ground surface behavior from strong motion records by means of the stochastic model obtained in (2).
KeywordsStrong Motion Shot Noise Conditional Moment Strong Motion Data Strong Motion Record
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Strong motion earthquake accelerograms, Tech. Rep. Earthquake Engineering Research Lab., Cal. Inst. of Tech., Vol.I, 1970, Vol. II, 1973Google Scholar
- Vanmarcke, E.H., Structural response to earthquakes, Chapter 8 in Seismic Risk and Engineering Decisions, C. Lomnitz and E. Rosenblueth, Eds., Elsevier Book Co., Amsterdam, 1976.Google Scholar
- Liu, S.C., Synthesis of stochastic representations of ground motions, Bell System Technical Journal, 521, April 1970.Google Scholar
- Shinozuka, J. and Sato, Y., Simulation of nonstationary random processes, Proc. ASCE, 93, EM1, 11, 1967.Google Scholar
- Jennings, P., et al., Simulated earthquake motions. Tech. Rep. Earth. Eng. Res. Lab., Cal.Tech. April 1968.Google Scholar
- Cornell, C., Stochastic process models in structural engineering. Dept. Civil Eng., Tech. Report No.34, Stanford, 1964.Google Scholar
- Amin, M. and Ang, A., Nonstationary stochastic model of earthquake motions, Proc, ASCE, 94, EM2, 559, 1968.Google Scholar
- Goto, H. and Toki, K., Structural response to nonstationary random excitation, Proc. 4th WCEE, Santiago Chile, 1, A-1, 130, 1969.Google Scholar
- Levy, R. and Kozin, F., Processes for earthquake simulation, Proc.ASCE, Journ. Eng. Mech. 94, EM6, 1597, Dec. 1968.Google Scholar
- Levy, R. et al., Random processes for earthquake simulation, Proc. ASCE, 97, EM2, 495, 1971.Google Scholar
- Bolotin, V.V., Statistical Theory of the aseismic design of structures, Proc. 2nd WCEE, Tokyo, Japan, 1365, 1960.Google Scholar
- Grossmayer, R., On the application of various crossing probabilities in the structural aseismic reliability problem, Proc. IUTAM Symp. Stoch. Prob. in Dynamics Southampton, 17, July 1976.Google Scholar
- Kozin, F. and Gran, R., An approach to analysis and modeling of earthquake data in Stochastic Problems in Mechanics, Univ. of Waterloo Press, 193, 1974.Google Scholar
- Gran, R. and Kozin, F., Nonlinear filtering applied to the modeling of aerthquake data, Proceedings of the Symposium on Nonlinear Estimation and Its Applications, San Diego, Calif., September 1973.Google Scholar
- Bass, R. and Schwartz, L., Optimal multichannel nonlinear filtering, J.Math. Anal. and Appl., 1966.Google Scholar
- Kailath, T., An innovations approach to least squares estimation, Part I, Trans. Auto. Contr., AC-13, 646, Dec. 1968.Google Scholar