Maureen the First Steel Gravity Platform in the North Sea
Tecnomare has designed, on behalf of Phillips Petroleum Company E & A, a Steel Gravity platform, with integrated oil storage, to be installed in the Maureen Field, in the British Sector of the North Sea. Tecnomare’s interest in the Maureen Field development dates back to summer 1975. Since that time several proposals have been made concerning the structure to be used for the exploitation of the field.
KeywordsWave Height Storage Tank Mooring Line Wire Rope Mooring System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lalli, D., Vielmo, P.; Tecnomare steel gravity platform for marginal fields, Offshore Europe Conference, Aberdeen, SPE 8151. 5, 1979Google Scholar
- 2.Sebastiani, G., Berta, M., Blandino, A., Energy from sea waves: system optimization by diffraction theory, Ocean ‘78, Washington, 26 C, 1978Google Scholar
- 3.Giuliano, V., Pittaluga, A., Signorelli, P., Non linear analysis and tests comparison of motion and dynamic structural response for two steel gravity platforms in floating conditions, 6th Offshore Technology Conference, Paper OTC 2053, Houston, 1974, page 219Google Scholar
- 4.Bombassei, G., Mazzon, M., Structural integrity monitoring for offshore platforms, Brasil Offshore ‘79, Rio de Janeiro, 1979Google Scholar
- 5.Di Tella, V., Gnone, E., Advantages cited for hybrid platform, Petroleum Engineer, 10, 1977Google Scholar
- 6.Lalli, D., Design, construction and installation of the Loango steel gravity platforms, Conference on Offshore Structures - Institution of Civil Engineers, London, 1976Google Scholar